We have just completed the installation of a range of options to the Boeing B737 Trainer including Special Effects, Realistic Simulation and Safety & Emergency Equipment at our South Coast Centre at Bournemouth International Airport.
The aircraft now boasts very realistic simulation for the following:-
- Toilet Fire – within the rear toilet/washroom compartment, complete with lighting, smoking and sound effects
- Galley Fire – within the forward galley in one of the ovens, complete with lighting, smoking and sound effects
- Flight Deck – this incorporates a sound system recreating the Flight Deck “chat” including ATC “chat” and a PA system
- Passenger Address system – to the front and rear cabin crew station areas
- Smoke-filled Cabin smokers have been installed to the rear of the aircraft together with realistic Sound Effects of the fire and passengers trying to evacuate as well as a baby crying and waiting to be found
- Decompression training – we have added misting of the cabin and sound effects to simulate a rapid decompression – drop down oxygen masks will also feature
- Overwing exit – work is well advanced to complete the railing to the wing after leaving the aircraft and sound effects to simulate evacuation including removal of the overwing exit door, exit via the wing down the trailing edge to the tarmac
- Cabin Doors – we have installed the emergency slide “bustles” in each forward passenger door so that cross checks and arming/disarming of doors can be completed as an essential drill; frequently referred to as “Doors to manual and doors to automatic” – for effective training we have installed a platform and steps to the front left hand passenger door to aid training and participation
- Safety and Emergency Procedure Equipment – the aircraft is complete with all the safety and emergency equipment in situ in a range of the aircraft’s compartments so a full check of this important aspect can be completed
- Emergency Slide – deployed from the rear left hand passenger door, we have also installed sound effects to re-create the drama of a passenger evacuation from the aircraft using the emergency slide
. . . to name just a few of the exciting options we have installed.
So the Boeing B737 Trainer really is now fully operational and a range of colleges and schools have already made bookings to bring their students to our South Coast Centre to use this unique training aircraft.
To make a booking please call Julie Rushton: 01675 437375 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – the first 15 colleges/schools will also get a special price!