Two Day Itinerary – Air Cabin Crew
Please note that all our programmes are mapped to the UK Occupational Standards for Aviation and as such are all to UK/EU Worldwide aviation industry approved standards, our Air Cabin Crew Training takes place on our Boeing B737 Trainer aircraft and Aviation Centre based at Bournemouth International Airport.
Our Two Day Airline & Airport Diploma programme also includes a unqiue HSE Approved ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ internationally recognised certification, so essential for the Air Cabin Crew role and candidates who have this qualification will be looked on much more favourably by airline employers than those without this qualification.
Here is what a past student said about their JARE ATP programme:-
Jessica Sparkes 2.5.2014: “Excellent – invaluable – will recommend the course”.
Timings for the Two Day programme –
Each Day: 09.00 – 17.00 – registration from 08.30hrs
The Two Day programme includes all of these aspects:
- An introduction to the Aviation Industry
- Introduction to the Role of Air Cabin Crew
- Physiological Aspects of flying and flight
- Aviation Geography, Times and Time Zones
- Aide Memoire on the main Regulatory Authorities
- Aviation Terminology, Phonetic Alphabet and Airport and Airline Codes
- The Airport and Ground Handling Procedures
- Key part of Airline Interview Techniques
- Airline Grooming, Appearance and Lifestyle
- Life in the Day of Air Cabin Crew
- Completing Application Forms
- Group Work and Group Discussions
- Self-introduction – workshop session
- Completion of an HSE Approved ‘Emergency First Aid’ programme and fully certificated separately including: Responsibilities and reporting ~ What is Emergency First Aid? ~ Legislation ~ Action in an emergency ~ Primary survey ~ Secondary assessment ~ The respiratory system ~ Disorders of respiration ~ Adult basic life support ~ Foreign objects ~ Disorders of the circulation ~ Minor burns and scalds ~ Epilepsy ~ Wounds and bleeding ~ Resuscitation ~ Assessment of the situation ~ Choking ~ Dealing with an unresponsive casualty ~ Minor injuries ~ Seizures ~ Basic Hygiene in First Aid ~ Bleeding control ~ Shock ~ Aviation Context of Emergency First Aid at Work
Boeing B737 Trainer – based activities:
All items below are included
- Pre-flight DEMOS – Safety and Emergency Procedures.
- Inflight Service – In Flight Sales, Service and Catering inc: IFS snack lunch service by students
- Inflight Customer Service and Conflict Awareness
- Teamwork and introduction to:- Crew Resource Management
- B737 Overwing Exit and evacuation
- B737 Emergency Slide training
- B737 PA & DEMOs
- B737 Galley Fire training and drills
- B737 Cabin Door operations
All sessions will include practical activities in our Boeing B737 Trainer Centre at Bournemouth shown in our other options above and the emphasis is on practical work rather than theoretical study although both will be included in the programme.
For Overseas students please see our separate webpage for further details.